Fedora 13 Release Party – Tokyo, Japan
When and Where
Organizers / Team
- David Ramsey, colleagues and friends.
- Talking about Fedora 13.
- Free style party.
- Open discussion.
- Over 100 people! 😀
For example, two questions which came up during my Fedora 13 experiences were –
1.) Where can I find new kernels?
- I suggested the yum command with options for beginners and the “Information for package kernel” at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8 for advanced users.
2.) Is there any troubleshooting resource(s)?
- I routed to data points/resource URLs within the http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-classroom/2010-01-07/basic-troubleshooting-class.2010-01-07-02.01.log.html, IRC as well as “Fedora Support Forums and Community” at http://forums.fedoraforum.org
- Advanced kernel.
- GNOME desktop.
- Firefox and OpenOffice versions.
- Weather in Tokyo is a factor for any event. As the summer season continues, outdoor events get hotter in the afternoon and are not very easy to maintain personnel energy and power accordingly as well as attendees who go for lunch and shaded indoors with air conditioning.
Requirements (DVD/USB Key copying)
- DVD distribution as well as USB Key copying.