Fedora 18 Release Party – Tokyo, Japan
When and Where
- Talking about Fedora 18. Feedback was curious about the Fedora 18 and features.
- Free style party.
- Open discussion.
- Over 100 people!
For example, a couple questions which came up during my Fedora 18 experience were -
- When does Fedora 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) arrive for use?
- Where can I find new kernels?
- I suggested the yum command with options for beginners and the “Information for package kernel” at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8 for advanced users. Tokyo’s users do a lot of kernel work. I strongly believe that fedora offers the platform to allow the users to try out a different variant of kernels as well as to contribute to their own development work. I read a statistic about Linux kernel work done in Japan and the number was in the 70-75%. Need to find that reference and post accordingly.
- Advanced kernel and future thoughts.
- Weather in Tokyo is a factor for any event. This winter outdoor event was nice in the beginning of the day but would be very cool in the evening and are not very easy to maintain personnel energy and power accordingly as well as attendees who go indoors for lunch and warmer rooms. Last week, on Monday, we had a major snow fall in the city and there are still parts which have snow mounts. Cold wind chills and breezes to not add to events.
- DVD distribution.