Fedora 14 Release Party – Tokyo, Japan
When and Where
Organizers / Team
- David Ramsey, colleagues and friends.
- Talking about Fedora 14. Feedback was curious about the Fedora 14 and virtual systems and security models.
- Free style party.
- Open discussion.
- Over 100 people!
- Where can I find new kernels?
- I suggested the yum command with options for beginners and the “Information for package kernel” at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8 for advanced users.
For example, one question which came up during my Fedora 14 experience was -
- Advanced kernel.
- GNOME desktop.
- Xournal – “…this is really useful tool to help with the mundane task of “editing” a PDF…”
- NetworkManager – “…With the amount of devices around you that are wifi-capable, this ability of a Fedora machine to be able to become a wifi-hotspot is extremely useful. Yes, you can do tethering with cell phones (atleast the Android 2.2 phones), but this being a standard capability of a Fedora box needs to be publicised…”
- Virtual Machine Manager – “…What demo is complete if youdo not show virtualization? And the fact that virtualization is built-in in Fedora means that you can now go about experimenting, using, breaking, fixing, updating various other systems. This alone changes how we consume technology and how we can easily transition to the cloud…”
- Weather in Tokyo is a factor for any event. This autumn outdoor event was nice in the beginning of the day but would be very cool in the evening and are not very easy to maintain personnel energy and power accordingly as well as attendees who go indoors for lunch and heated rooms.
Requirements (DVD/USB Key copying)
- DVD distribution as well as USB Key copying.